Sunday, February 19, 2006

Consistancy

Another week closer to heading back to Minnesota. But based on the forecast up there, I think I'm glad I'm here in sunny florida. The early part of the week was downright frigid - frost advisory monday night. But it's finally warmed up into the 80s :)
So the training lately hasn't been much to write home about, but it's been consistant. I was looking at my training log for 2006 so far, and the one word I'd use to describe it would be "consistant." I've gotten at least one hour + workout in per week, and 4-5 35-50 min workouts per week. I haven't been cycling as much as I'd like 1-2 times a week as opposed to the 3-4 I was hoping to get in. But the highlight has been the swimming improvements.
I didn't make it to my Master's class this week. Work had to take priority, but I managed 2 swims on my own. Thursday a 1 mile swim and then tonight an easy 1400 meters. Tonight I finally got back on the bike for a nice ride 15 miles avg 16.3 mph. The back half of the bike ride was entirely into the wind - going out I was avg 17.3 mph! Oh well. It was good practice riding into the wind.
Monday I got a long run in 9 miles with a 9:09 pace including walk breaks. I felt great. The morning was cool and crisp, and I felt fresh. I could've run forever. It reminded me how much I really enjoy running.
The next few weeks I hope to increase the training a bit. A few more miles running and cycling. It's hard to believe I'll be back to MN in less than a month! I can't wait to get back and workout with my friends again. It definitely helps to have others to train with.
Until next time!

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Listen up Speedy!! You may have way too much energy for this old lady to keep up, remember, I will be hitting the big 40 this year!! Go easy on me!!

Keep up your good work, you are doing awesome!!!

Anne Marie said...

Did you update?? I do not see it! I am so glad that you got one last long run in while in the sunny state!! It was nice here, and just think, you get to watch Spring come and then summer again!! I can't wait for you to be back safely, and I look forward to reading your updates...Love Ya,
Anne Marie