Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tuesday

Another beautiful Minnesota afternoon, breezy, clear, low 70s. So I decided to give my running legs a break, and I headed out on the bike.
It was more than a little breezy - it was downright windy! My usual ride into Watertown, about 4 miles which takes me maybe 15 min on a good day, took me over 18 min, and an average speed of 15 mph.. feeling out of shape on the bike, I turned for home - You've gotta' love a tail wind! I was now cruising at 20 mph, and was back home in 14 min... The ride home was entirely too much fun. I wish all my rides were as fun as the return trip was today.
Then I headed back to the pool - first time in 2 weeks... So much for my goals of getting there twice a week... After 800 yards, my arms were on fire, and my legs felt like lead... So I called it a day. My arms may have been more tired than usual after throwing around 80 bales of hay today at work...
It felt like a decent workout night all in all.

No comments: