Saturday, October 22, 2005

3 day weekend

Hoorray it's Saturday! And another 3 day weekend at that. It's so nice to have some extra time to call my own. And what am I going to do with that time? Train and sleep, essentially. Oh, and have some fun, too.
Here's a little update on what I've been up to. Wednesday night I headed over to GF for a little running and some sit ups and push ups. I find that I won't make myself do it on my own, so it's good to keep going. I had to cut out early since it was my roommate's birthday, and we had a night on the town planned. It was entirely too much fun.
Thursday I spent recovering....
Friday night was another Adventure Run, and my teammate and I picked up another recruit, so there were 3 of us, and were cruising through the woods checking off controls like we were old pros. Well, that might be a slight exaggeration - huffing and puffing up hills to keep up with the boys might be a better description! The good news was, this week we weren't last!
This morning it was off to a 5 mile race through apple orchards and corn mazes. There were 4 of us, and we agreed to keep the pace "leisurely." Ha! It wasn't a PR, but the pace was definitely not leisurely! Especially with the all out sprint to the finish... It was a lot of fun, and the day turned out spectacular. The weather forecasted was for 40's and rain, but the morning brought clear blue skys and plenty of sunshine. I think it's going to be a great weekend! Until next time...

No comments: