Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tuesday

I think I've finally caught up on my sleep from our Sunday morning antics. Since I only got one workout in 3 days in, I figured it was time to start up on twice a day workouts again. I'm not going really hard right now, so overtraining is certainly not an issue! But I'd at least like to burn off the calories I'm taking in - especially now with Halloween behind us, and the major holidays on the horizon...
Monday I got in a 4 mile run on lunch. Running on my 1 hour lunch break is a time management challenge since there's just barely enough time. But it was good excuse to push the pace, and see how I felt before this sunday's race. I hope to run hard on Sunday, and possibly set a P.R. To do so, I need to average an 8:30 pace. Not totally out of the question, but definitely challeging. Later on Monday I went to GF for the first half of the workout. I had to represent the "7:20 Slackers" from Sunday morning. It was fun to share our story with the group, and now everyone thinks I've lost my mind!
Tonight I headed to the pool for a 1000 yard swim. I did 75yd repeats with 10sec rest between them, then an easy 100 after every set of 4x75's. I'm still working on bilateral breathing, and it is getting easier. And I'm feeling a little faster, too. Probably not much faster, but tonight I was definitely working, and that felt good.
Tomorrow is my day off, so between packing up my house (we're moving to a new one, a half mile away) I'm going to try to get some running and biking in. I hope the weather is good. Until next time....

No comments: