Thursday, December 08, 2005

The countdown begins

One week from now I'll be enjoying warmer temps and a bit more sunshine. I'm in the final packing stages for getting ready for Florida. Today I checked out my bike, and made sure it was in good working order for some heavy duty riding. I pedaled around my basement, and now I cannot wait to get back out there! Yay!
I've gotten in a couple of good workouts this week. Probably not as many as I should, but that's why the call it the "off season," right? Monday night GF was held at the Interchange Bldg. 21 flights of fun... 5 times.... it was definitely hard, but I felt ok during it, and enjoyed getting my heartrate WAY up there. I thought I'd be really sore, but on Tuesday my quads were tired, but not so much sore, and my calves were tight. Tuesday night we did 2 laps around Lake Nakomis with the "Crazy Swimmers" and topped it off with Burgers and Beer. The snowy, chilly, evening run was very enjoyable, and it felt good to get the blood moving in my legs and work out some of the tightness from the previous day's workout.
Wednesday the soreness from Monday set in a little bit more, but not horrible. I spent the evening getting caught up on details for FL (and baking cookies.) So I didn't get a workout in. I took Henry for a couple long walks though, so that must count for something...
Today I'm planning on going for a run. I'm not sure how long... I'm going to take Henry and run around town here. We'll see how we feel. It's a beautiful sunny day, although a bit chilly, but it should be a nice day for a run.
Until next time!

No comments: