Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Rest. Recovery. Taper.

A beautiful day in Minnesota provided some inspiration to get back into the workout routine. Fall is a perfect time to run, and today was about as nice as it can get. I decided I'd head out for a few easy miles to see how my legs are doing after 2 full days of rest post-race. I wasn't motivated to tackle the hills on the main roads from my subdivision, so I simply ran laps around the sub. Bor-ing! But easy. 4 miles at a 10 min pace felt fairly good. And soon enough I was back at my door. Just enough to burn a few calories, keep the legs loose, and work up a sweat. Tomorrow is forecasted to be another nice day, maybe I'll see if my butt is recovered enough to get back on the bike.
The next couple weeks are going to be a balancing act of recovering and maintaining my fitness for Twin Cities Marathon.
That's all for now. Until next time.
-Kate

No comments: