Monday, September 18, 2006

Run in Tights

Ugh, I can't believe it. I had to drag out my 'winter' running gear today. With wind and rain and barely 50 degrees, I figured it might be a little chilly for shorts and a singlet. I wasn't thrilled.
Oh well. So I donned my tights, long sleeve running top and a lightweight jacket and headed out the door this evening. I haven't done any serious running since the tri. And even then, the week or so leading up to it I was tapering, so it's been awhile since I pounded the pavement for any length of time. It sure felt good.
Running is one of the few things that helps to restore my 'balance.' Swimming and biking keep me fit, running keeps me balanced. Going for a long run, is really good for my head, and I always come back in a better mood than when I left. Sometimes I don't even realize how much I need a run until I'm out there running. Today was definitely one of those days.
This weekend was full of changes as Matt moved into his house here in Delano, and the days were filled with people and moving boxes. It was a good weekend overall, but I now know that I was a little short on some quality time by myself!
So spending the day alone at the barn, and then a good quality run this evening really helped get my head screwed on straight! Sometimes you just gotta' run!
Well, now it's off to the shower and then some dinner before I bonk!
Until next time.
Kate

No comments: