Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tuesday

Today I went back to the Master's Swim group. Another challenging workout of 1800-2000 meters. The pool was cold (the heater broke) and so part of it was covered and we had to swim only 25 meter lengths... Which was good since we did this breathing exercize, and had the pool been 50 meters, I definitely wouldn't have made it. As it was I spent a good portion of that exercize light headed! It was chilly enough I wanted my wet suit! But once we got going, it wasn't so bad. I worked with paddles and found that they really helped my stroke.
Before heading to swim, I got in a quick 3 mile run. It was tough - hotter and more humid than I thought it was.
Monday I went for a 1:20 bike ride - my fastest average yet - 17.2 mph. for 22.8 miles. For a short interval, I really pushed the pace, and was able to sustain 24.8 mph.
Well, better get going. Until next time!

No comments: