Sunday, February 22, 2009

Running outside again!

It's been a long time since I posted to this blog, but I hope to be back on here more frequently since my 2009 goal race is a short 29 weeks away. But who's counting?? :)
I've been working on getting in 3 workouts a week in all 3 sports (swimming, biking and running) each week along with a session or two of strength training. That is seeming to be more challenging that I had anticipated. Even now with workouts being about an hour or so long. So I'm learning how to manage my time better and figure it out before the training volume begins to increase.
Today Matt and I organized a small group of training buddies to run the Lakes in Minneapolis. I think we were both anticipating a warmer day, but it was about 2-3 degrees when we left the house this morning. At least the sun was shining, and it wasn't terribly windy. But having not run outside this winter, it sure felt cold. We met up with our friend Brad, and headed out for a nice 10 miles around the Lakes. We met up with Jennifer and Jonathon who were doing a shorter run. Then we all headed to YUM for breakfast. Oh, it's so good. I couldn't help myself, and the dessert counter was calling so Matt and I split a double chocolate cookie sandwich. That washed down with a cup of coffee was simply sinful!
Today was one of those mornings that I really enjoy -- a good workout, good friends, followed by some good food. Ahh, life IS good. (And winter IS nearly over!)
Until next time!

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Yeah.... I can see what you are doing and how you are feeling now... remember you started this before we did Bayshore??

Kate said...

I do remember, I was looking back at some of my original posts. Ahh, the memories. It was fun to go back and re-read those.