Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tuesday

Another beautiful fall day. I scheduled an easy brick workout for today. Since I was lacking in the brick workout-department this summer, I figured now would be a good time to get into the habit of actually doing a brick workout, so by next year they'll be second nature.
The stiff breeze blowing over the hilltop was also blowing away my motivation when I got home from work, but I finally convinced myself that I'd ride into town and figure out where the pool is at the H.S. They offer lap swim twice a day for $2 a session - much cheaper and closer than the gym! But I needed to find the pool before I decide to go over there at the crack of dawn later in the week. So instead of driving, I took my bike. It was an easy 13 min ride there (so in theory, I could ride my bike to my swim workouts...yeah...right...) I figured once I was out on the bike, I might as well ride a bit before having to ride home into the wind. I got in an easy 45 min ride, and so as soon as I got home, I changed into my running shoes, grabbed Henry's leash and headed out the door. The run was for Henry's benefit... Whatever mind games it takes, I guess...
I felt good, even though I coughed the entire run - being on the bike does that, but the transition from bike to run wasn't bad at all today.
Tomorrow is GF track night, and then thursday I'll try to finally get to the pool.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I can relate to the mind games... I'm NOT a morning person, but I really hate to run in the evening too... So I have to work really hard just to get my a$$ out of bed and get out the door. Once I do and get 10 minutes or so under my belt, I feel much better.