Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wednesday

Tonight was GF track night. It's the week leading up to Twin Cities Marathon (sunday), so turnout was low, as everyone is tapering for the weekend.
Today feels like fall for sure - very windy, and temps in the low 50's. Time to dig out the windbreaker and long pants. The track was chilly as we did 400 and 200 repeats. I ran the warm up and 2x200s, then 4x400s and by that point I was coughing so bad, I could hardly breathe. The 400 repeats were a relay-style, so I had plenty of rest, but I would finish one and still be coughing when it was my turn to go again. After 4x400s I called it a night. There was no point in me coughing like that in the cold and wind.
Something's gotta' give with this cough. I have friday off, and depending on how I feel tomorrow, I may very well seek some "professional help" for this (Yikes, I never go to the Doc!) But it's been hanging on for way to long.

No comments: