Sunday, October 02, 2005

Marathon Weekend

It's been a busy few days, so I haven't been able to keep a daily log of activites. And plus, there hasn't been much training to follow anyway.
After wednesday night's coughing disaster on the track, thursday I took as a rest day. I even made an appointment with the doctor for friday morning.
Friday morning, it was determined that I had a sinus infection, and was given antibiotics. I relaxed for the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon before I had to volunteer at the pre-race expo. I elected to save my long run I had scheduled for saturday. It's rare that I have 3 days off in a row, so it's been a bit of a mini-vacation for me. Friday night was a blast. Where else can you talk running with fellow runners for hours on end. It was so cool to enjoy the excitement and energy of all the athletes there.
Saturday morning I attempted to run long. It got me about 2.5 miles. It was a splendid day - sunny, cool, the trees just starting to change color. I took Henry over to Lake Rebecca again, with plans to run the mountain bike course a few times. Well, that didn't happen. My energy levels were down, and it felt like all I could do to put one foot in front of the other. I decided it was back to the couch for me.
So I did something I rarely do, I sat down in the middle of a beautiful day, and read a book. Then met a friend for coffee before heading out to dinner.
Today I think the antibiotics are starting to kick in, because I'm feeling much more like myself. Even after cheering all morning, I'm hardly coughing, and not nearly as tired.
I've never watched a marathon before, so it was really neat to be on the sidelines cheering everyone on at the 20 mile mark. It was very motivating and inspiring. I can't wait to plan my next marathon. There is definitely something special about 26.2 miles. There is magic in the marathon.
So thoughts on my next marathon are possibly Disney in January (the Goofy challenge is already full... bummer...) then rumor has it some of my friends are doing a race in New Mexico in March... then there's definitely the Grand Island Marathon in July and TCM next October.
Until next time... Run Fast, Take Chances...

1 comment:

Brian said...

The IWJ Covers J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter
The latest issue of The Internet Writing Journal includes a feature about Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling.

check out mine remax