Thursday, October 06, 2005

Wednesday

Tonight I finally made it to the pool, and after Monday night's open water swim I vowed I'd never again complain that the pool water was cold. I got in, and it actually felt warm! Some of the other swimmers were thinking it was too cold. Whimps :)
There's even talk of more open water swims... brr, especially now that the temps have dropped into the 40s. Welcome to Minnesota...
The swim workout in the pool was actually good. Driving home afterwards I was thinking that it was almost fun... Now there's a concept! I've never thought swimming at the pool as fun, but I think it's really helped that I swam a fair amount this summer, and know that I can do the distance. Now it's just the discipline to complete the swim at the pool. There it's easy to get out when you get bored (as I have done in the past) and call it a day.
I swam a full mile - something I hadn't ever done in the pool before. The most I'd done is 1200 yards. So this was good. I did some drills and 100 repeats. I avgd between 2:17 and 2:20 /100. I swam mostly easy, and really paid attetion to technique. It turned out to be a good workout.

No comments: