Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Putting the wheels in motion

Monday I finally took the bike out for an inagural ride. I think I must have smiled the entire time. When I stepped outside, I thought it might be a bit chilly... but in no time I was working up a sweat. I didn't go far - about a 30 min ride, averaging 16 mph. It was nice to get out there again.
Tonight I went for a run - just over 6.5 miles. It was cool and overcast. Perfect for an evening run. I was running about a 9:30 pace with walk breaks every mile or so. All was well until the end when my stomach decided that it was not happy... guess I'll have to figure out what I ate last, and remember to NOT EVER eat that before a run again!!
Tomorrow is my day off, so I'm planning on taking my bike out for an easy ride to refamiliarize myself with the roads. I'll probably hit the pool as well. Until next time...

No comments: